Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Weds OR the day before the first Jcrew Fall rollout...

Is it just me, or is there a particular buzz in the air about the next release from J Crew?

The wonderful AJC has given us a glimpse here.  There are some very promising items!  I am particularly interested in the snakeskin skirt and the floral skirt.  The former she has tantalizingly hung in her dressing room in the picture below:



I have bought a black suit for the fall and think the skirt might be a lovely counterpoint...(actually I bought a summerweight one as well a few weeks back at a great sale here in town)

Is snakeskin sophisticated now, is it too trendy?  Questions I mut ask myelf!  Should this be one of my "three" for fall?

and the pencil skirts in other colours:



Again - the floral black and white could be a nice cointerpoint to wear with the new suit jacket.

Now that I am going to try to stick with only 3 (okay, who are we kidding Dani - I am going to say 5 and call it a season!) for the fall, I am being particularly picky!

But... I cannot wait for tomorrow!  It is kind of like Christmas or the release of beaujolais nouveau all  rolled into one!

And I seeing a bricks and mortor store on the 28th so I might actually be able to touch some of these!

Have a great day - will post more later!

14 comments:

  1. The black and white flower skirt caught my eye but I emailed about the top version of that that I spotted and it was a fortune! I don't like snakes skin but that's because I wore it all through the 80's and leopard too, so both are off my radar for ever now.

    I can't wait to wake up, have breakfast in bed with the new rollout and do a fantasy basket fill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh good point. I never did snakeskin in the 80s. I can't remember the 80s!

      Delete
  2. I think of snakeskin as edgy. I love that black and white ("ink") floral pencil skirt but I have a feeling it is going to be $$$!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right on the edginess. I will need to see it in real life - might be too much Wendy for a nickle!

      Delete
  3. I've had snakeskin accessories and once a dress with a snakeskin collar. Snakeskin is delicate and doesn't wear well. On the other hand, I have a leather skirt that's printed to look like snakeskin, and it's still going strong after - a long time. I would not wear a real snakeskin skirt because of the sit/stretch factor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WWF - good advice. I would not wear a real snakeskin skirt as I am afraid of snakes!

      Delete
  4. I think the snakeskin and the floral will be good additions to your work wardrobe, you can wear them with your black jacket and really extend that suit!
    3 things, let's see if I practice what I preach. I don't know! My son's tuition is due next week at U of T so that is going to seriously impact any wishlist I conjure up out of the new roll-out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be watching Dani! I have to pay tuition right after paris - ouch!

      I am rethinking snakeskin....unless floral is over-the-top-expensive

      Delete
  5. You're not alone! I can't wait until the new items hit the website in the morning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that snakeskin skirt will be both edgy and work appropriate. I definitely think that you can wear it to work. I have the same work wardrobe requirements as you do - corporate appropriate, but I can also make it fun and edgy. Can't wait for the new roll out.
    Lovely blog - I hope my comment actually posts this time. I can't seem to leave comments from my phone lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks A! Okay - I am now rethinking the snakeskin - I guess it will depend on the material. If it is too snakeskin-y, will be out - if it is woolly, then maybe yes! I know it will $158 US - my PS shared the cost with me, which means $178 or so CDN. So many choices!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really looking forward to the new arrivals tomorrow, even thought it will be warm here for several more months. I have a few items on my list for fall so far, and will be reevaluating my current fall wardrobe to see what else I need/want to add in this year.

    The prints and colors of the pencil skirts are always so lovely, so you should definitely pick up at least one new one this fall. I'm personally hoping they bring back the Sterling skirt in new colors, since the pencils just don't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear you FFM - the sterlings are not for me as I have no hips and they hang there. Funny how there is a little something for all of us - as if Mickey planned it that way!

    ReplyDelete

Kindness is a virtue...