Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Works in Progress


Hi everyone!

Thought I would pop in and say hi and tell you how things are going in the bedroom reno (which is really just paint, but seems so much more...)


First of all, my bedroom is VERY small. It seems especially small with a king-sized bed and two massive dressers. The latter belonged to my great-grandparents, so they stay; the former is a necessity for a happy marriage!

As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, all I wished for Mother's Day was for my bedroom to be painted a lovely white.




I typically use Decorator's White by Benjamin Moore. However, this time, they insisted I use Simply White, which is apparently the colour of the year and a more creamy white.

I love it!

Two years ago I made a wall of art in my office and I love it. I decided to do it again in the bedroom and have no art or pictures on the other walls. The were two exception - small verdigris angel wings over the bed and my little shadow box containing earrings.




Below is the wall....






I just got this little pencil crayon sketch of a Scottie (above) at an antique store for song. I thought he was just lovely!

It's nice to look up and see photographs of places visited, loved ones.




And I love the picture of me and the kids done by the youngest many moons ago. If you squint you can see the little cafe at Giverny up above!




The little table between the two dressers is going to be painted, as are the chair legs (i think even I can manage that!)



 The chalkware Scottie came home with me, too. Just because...




And I'm leaving my housecoat on the door because it just seems to go with the floral, soothing vibe.




All in all, a very inexpensive, but wonderful change-up. It is amazing what a can of paint can do!

In other news, I was visiting my old stomping grounds this week, filming locales for the book trailer that I'll do and release this fall. It was so much fun! If you want to read about it, head over to wendymcleodmacknight.com and click on blog!

And I now have a fabulous bookmark to share:



So much fun!  What have you been up to the past two weeks?

xox Wendy

33 comments:

  1. Looks so pretty and cozy and fresh. Love the splash of pink; the bedroom of a beloved one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy, there are so many different whites - glad you found the right one for your room, a creamy white sounds and looks great. Love your picture wall, that's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved it in my office and it's a big pop and then restful elsewhere...

      Delete
  3. Looks so fresh and highlights all the framed art and memories! I think creamy whites are the nicest, even when there is pink in the room.

    You must be so pleased with the art for the book! Is there more in the body of the book or the cover alone? Very intriguing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the inside of the book yet, but I think the cover and back art will be it!

      Delete
  4. I like the white, and even just the idea of a fresh coat of paint...
    Now I just want to know where I can get one of those bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! Send me an email offline and I will send you some to distribute for me in your neck of the woods!

      Delete
  5. We are in the midst of redoing bathrooms upstairs which are painted in cloud white. We were going to repaint the same once the other work is finished but just maybe we will look for a "new" white. Love the look in your bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Father's Day is a celebration with respect to fathers and commending parenthood, paternal bonds, and the effect of fathers in general society eye. The tradition was said to be started from a devotion advantage held for a generous social event of men who passed on in a mining accident in Monongah, West Virginia in 1907. FathersDayMessagesfromWife It was at first proposed by Sonora Dodd of Spokane, Washington in 1909. It is at present celebrated in the United States each year on the third Sunday in June.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have Lovely and Beautiful Salwar Suit And Many More…
    We Have Some For You In Your Budget For more…
    Plz visit:- Designer Dress

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can buy from our large and diverse collection of salwar kameez, party wear suits, bollywood collection, cotton kurtis, Anarrkali suits,Bollywood saree and many other products.....
    We Have Some For You In Your Budget For more…
    Plz visit:- Designer Anarkali salwar kameez

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can buy from our large and diverse collection of salwar kameez, party wear suits, Bollywood collection, cotton Kurtis, Anarkali suits, Bollywood saree and many other products.....
    We Have Some For You In Your Budget For more…
    Plz visit:- Gown

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can get a Amazing variety of Wedding Sarees at our sites.
    The dresses are very beautiful to look at and you can pick them up from online shops.
    we have some for you in your budget...
    Wedding Sarees

    ReplyDelete
  12. desi cotton sarees
    Yali has been set up to take up such unique textile initiatives that have risen from the foundation of weaver and craft based studies. Shop for cotton sarees crafted with handmade materials.

    ReplyDelete

Kindness is a virtue...