I realized late last week that I was going to hit my 500th blog post this week and you know I love a celebration...
So to thank all of you who have joined me along the way, I wanted to acknowledge this milestone with a giveaway of three different items, since 3 is a magical number to me and since I would like at least three of you to get something! I will ship these anywhere in the world, and even to outer space if it turns out someone is reading this from the International Space Station!
1) A lovely little cookbook called Le Petit Paris, chockfull of the best recipes for French finger food:
|There is healthy fare - I just find myself drawn inexplicably to the French fries...|
2) A lovely pouch with a heart, since I heart you so much...
3) A $25 J Crew Gift Card for all that after Christmas shopping..
How to enter:
- First, you have to let me know you would like to be part of this giveaway!
- Second, you have to be a 'follower' of this blog - it is easy to do!
- Third, you have to do both of these things before Monday, December 23rd, when I will randomly draw the three names!
On a completely different topic, I have some most excellent news. I had submitted an op-ed piece to the Globe and Mail (for those of you unfamiliar, this is Canada's national newspaper, the equivalent here of the New York Times or one of the major London papers) and I was just informed that they are going to publish it on Monday, December 30th! This is exciting and scary all at once, since it is quite personal, but it is a big coup, as the editor advised me that for every one they publish (which is usually only once per week) they turn away dozens and dozens more. I am feeling quite proud and it is nice to end 2013 having one of my works published (excepting writing to you all!) and inspires me to keep working at it in 2014! I will share more information and links when the time comes, but want to thank you for your ongoing kindness and encouragement!
After 15 more cm of snow we have a lovely sunny day. We will definitely have a white Christmas now! I am not up to much today except driving people to dentist appointments and helping son pick out jewelry for girlfriend. I may even start my Christmas baking...
Have a great day and stay safe out there!