Friday, July 12, 2013

packing and a little cha-cha!

Well today is the big day - by the time you read this, Mr. Man and I will be en route to Ontari-ari-o! (if you were not born in the 1960s in Canada, not sure if this will mean anything to you!)


My packing was infinitely easier this time.  There were several reasons:


  1. I am not flying, which makes it possible for me to take my toiletries in another small bag
  2. The weather appears to be warm wherever we go
  3. Jennifer, of the wonderful blog, A Well Style Life, sent me a packing checklist a few months ago and it has proven invaluable to the process
Oh and my recent trip to NYC, where I still thought I would wear more than I did was helpful as well..

Mostly, I am dressing for comfort!

I am packing three dresses:
  • a black jersey theory dress
  • my red and white nougat
  • my white Joe Fresh
I am packing three skirts:
  • my new black fig skirt
  • my new grey horny toad skirt
  • my white JC linen skirt
I am packing a few tshirts/tops:
  • new grey and black jersey sleeveless tops
  • black cotton top
  • JC peasant blouse
  • white cowl neck top
  • white cotton H&M blouse - thank you Ema!
  • navy tshirt
I am packing three cardigans
  • black cotton
  • mint cashmere
  • ivory cotton
add in one pair of navy bermuda shorts, one pair of black capris, jeans (in case), one bathing suit.

I am bringing sneakers, my van eli crystal butterfly capri sandals, walking sandals and the red kiki ballet flats (I met get a picture of |dani and I's feet side by side in those!).

Voila - done.  This is probably still too much for 8 days, but rolls up in the main suitcase easily and we may go out for a couple of nice meals along the way, so I did want a nice dress or two with me.    There is also room in case I run into something "special" on the way...



I did want to model my new grey skirt that I bought earlier this week.  This is from the horny toad line (inset your own joke here) - lovely lightweight jersey and very simple and comfy and which is apparently a travel delight.  As you know i only want things now which are stylish and comfortable and this fits the bill for me.

In the picture below I am wearing my new white jersey top from FIG and the grey cha-cha skirt from Horny Toad.  It is very comfortable and moves very nicely and is so comfortable.  Makes me feel like dancing!




In honour of this skirt and that I am dancing my way to the heart of our great country, let's make the Cha-cha-cha cocktail, shall we?

CHA-CHA-CHA

INGREDIENTS

HOW TO MIX

Fill a mixing glass with ice cubes. Add all ingredients. Stir and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Cha-cha-cha


Have a happy Friday and stay safe out there! cha-cha-cha! I will check in tonight once I am at the hotel!


31 comments:

  1. Cheers to your road trip. May Barry actually stop every time you need to pee. Have fun. Horny Toad is actually fairly popular sports line here..like Patagonia. Like the outfit a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BB, yes bathroom and leg stretch agreement can make or break a drive. Hope you are looking forward to a good weekend. How is Em making out with prep?

      Delete
    2. She'll find out her roommate/s this Monday so then the real prep will start for her room. We are having such a fun summer together. We are going to a "cousins" cook out which should be fun...and it is NOT suppose to rain. Yeah.

      Delete
    3. BB, I consider the dorm room/mates kit-out an ultimate challenge of function, space, organization and shared tastes. May the force be with you, for that and weekend weather.

      Delete
    4. HI BB and GF! Just arrived and can see the bridge to the USA in the distance! Good drive. Mr. had to stop more than me! we had a picnic lunch en route and made pretty good time!

      Delete
    5. BB, how exciting for Em! This is truly such a great time for her! I hope that once the room prep slows down, you can enjoy everything that follows. Sending a child to college is no easy feat (I used to counsel parents who sent their kids off, so I have an idea) and I love that you are celebrating and savor img in, rather than approaching it with anxiety. You go, girl!

      Delete
  2. DRIVING MS. WENDY Well, WMM, I can't wait until you two produce the identical twin shoe pic! Safe, happy travels and see you tomorrow...literally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess where there is a Horny Toad outlet???

    I don't think you packed too much and you are ready for any event. No Cha-chas before driving, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Lane, I will just fill her with Cha-Cha-like glasses once they park.

      Delete
    2. One of your mojitos sounds good to me!

      Delete
    3. No way - Lane Land?

      Horny Toad travelled very well - I was super comfy - Barry was suffering from tight driving pant syndrome...

      Delete
  4. Safe driving! Good idea on the picture, I can't wait until you get here. Stay in touch dollface and we'll see you soon.
    Oh and excellent job on the packing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I threw in 3 more things once I took picture - last minute panic - ack!

      Delete
  5. Have fun! YOU have a great wardrobe planned. I love to wear a comfortable skirt and a tank top with a cardigan. I need to invest in "walking" sandals. All of my pretty ones are too flat, and flips flops are sometimes too casual . I can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, I bought a nice pair from taos - the ones I bought are here and are REALLY comfy:

      http://www.softmoc.com/ca/womens/taos/sandals/sandal/trophy%20penny/ladies-trophy-penny-casual-sandal

      Delete
  6. Happy travels Wendy! Your packing list sounds perfect. Thanks for the Horny Toad tip - I checked out the website, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Patricia - thanks! the skirt has been a dream today!

      Delete
  7. Hey Wendy, live here in the big T.O. and it is going to be HOT while you are here! 30+ thru next week! Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh - air conditioning here I come! If you see me on the street - wave!

      Delete
  8. Have a wonderful trip, WMM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing packing skills you have developed, I think I might need that checking list for my 5 weeks trip to Europe!!!
    Glad you got the H&M top BTW, isn't it great? Have a great trip, can't wait to see the pic of you and Get fresh and you and Dani!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am jealous of you three getting together, I bet it will be so much fun! I think you got the packing down to a science Wendy, great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ajc - i am excited! hope i get to meet you soon, too!

      Delete
    2. Jealous too! Hanging with you rambunctious ladies sounds like a dream :) I think we should have a "club convention"!

      Delete
  11. Thumbs up on the packing, and vavavavoom, you look great in that outfit! Isn't it the best when clothes are comfy AND cute? May have to check out this horny toad situation, since many of you sing it praises in the comments. However, I am convince that my husband is never going to let me live it down, he would think of a million jokes to insert above ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anthro Blogger my DH (Brit) would be exact same, making comments every time I wore, no go.

      Delete

Kindness is a virtue...