Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Penny for your (Blog) spot!

Hi everyone,

Many thanks for all the good shoe stories yesterday - isn't it funny how a group of women can wax so passionately and poetically about their favourite shoes???

I will keep you posted on what does end up coming home with me (I always do!), but I think I will wait a little longer for both early sales and to see future offerings!

But today I want to do a trade.

Today, I want to share a couple of blogs/web sites that I truly love in the hopes that you will share your little secret places with the rest of us!!!

The thing about the interwebs is that it is so freaking huge, one could never find all of the delectable spots that exist out there!  The good thing is that you are all highly intelligent (and good-looking!) people, and I suspect that your favourite haunts on the web might be oh-so-interesting to the rest of us.  I hope you will be generous with us all!

I will start:

One of my favourite places on the web is A Bloomsbury Life, a blog written by the lovely and talented artist, Lisa Borgnes Giramonti, who lives in this amazing little house in California and is an inveterate traveller and raconteur.  Oh and she has a gorgeous son, a good looking Italian husband, some famous friends and a witty and cozy style about her.  Perfection.  Today's post, How to Live Glamourously, is cheeky and fun and very entertaining...

A Bloomsbury Life

Oh and have I mentioned that she has written for Martha Stewart Living and has her own decorating book being published in 2014?  Yup, she does.  If you have not found your way to this corner of the internet, pour a cup of tea and settle in for a treat.

******************

Next, we'll for a little further up the coast in California and visit designer Tracy Porter, who has recently re-launched her company (after the devastating 2008 downturn).  Now known as Poetic Wanderlust, Tracy's blog waxes poetic on all aspects of her life and family and is always a source of inspiration and beauty.

 
 
Oh and did I mention you can buy her bedding line at Nordstroms and other fine retailers?  Well you can and they are absolutely lovely!  And then pop over to her old site and watch the old videos she used to make - so much fun!  Make sure you check out the Christmas and Thanksgiving decorating ones for sure!

Picture
source

***************

Finally, let's go up the coast in Cali to visit Scott Meacham and the wonderful blog The Adventures of Tartanscot.

Oh Mr. Meacham lives in the most glamorous of spots, San Francisco, and has such a decorating eye.  When I become a famous and well-paid authoress, he definitely has to do one of my homes!

Scott has THE most exquisite taste in men's fashion - he is a dandy in the truest and best sense of the word and I love to see what amazing outfits he has himself in.

He is always kind in his blog and shares photos of his latest projects.

An example of a project:

source
And  pictures of the dapper Mr. Meacham himself:


A coincidence that I love a man in tartan?  I think not...


The one thing I realized is that all three of these bloggers share their wisdom in the kindest and generous way.

Okay - my three - how about sharing at least one with us all?  You will help me waste an entire evening, visiting all of your haunts!
Thanks in advance and as always, stay safe out there!

17 comments:

  1. i have so many so hard to chose plus i think we all have mutual favourites that we all follow but ones that you may not not know about is adelaide villa - she write about general lifestyle things but as an inchbald trained decorator she knows her stuff. Manger which is a foodie website and the recipes and the photos are out of this world and I am not even a huge francophile and she still manages to make me wanna go to france. also carolynroehm bc she could give martha stewart a run for her money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outside of fashion blogs I do travel/travel related blogs. I like The Perrin Post and The Points Guy (yeah, I try to play the game with the points for travel). I do also like Garden Shoots for the pretty pictures. Fashion wise, I am slowly going through the Vivienne Files. Her older posts are quite reflective. Oh, and I am about to start Virginia Wolfe for the book club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am intrigued by these Points Guys! Will have to go check that out. They all sound great! You will really like To The Lighthouse, I think, but it's good that Dani is giving us a lot of time!

      Delete
  3. I'm afraid most of the ones I check will not interest you, such as the beekeeping blogs, the chicken tractor etc. I love international food gardening blogs-- Living Greens from the Isle of Man, for instance. I found Frugal Queen in Cornwall through, of all people, Faux Fuschia, the glamourous and colorful Aussie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chicken tractor? I am intrigued!!! You know what? I ALWAYS spell fuchsia wrong the first time! the way you spelled it above always looks correct to me!

      Delete
  4. i am currently addicted to Victoria Elizabeth Barnes. she's a new blogger that is the best writer i've come across since i started 5 yrs ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the blogs on your sidebar so I'm no help :) I don't branch out much with other blogs, outside of the JCA community's blogs. I am definitely not looking for ways to spend more time on the internet! Well I really was no help at all, but I do enjoy your blog so I wanted to reply :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy Found In Mom's Basement. I do love me some vintage.

    One could certainly spend a day or a few days for that matter, reading blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xoxo - you said a mouthful there!!!!

      I will go check that out - love vintage, too!

      Delete
  7. Hi Wendy, well I don't know if I should thank you or give you the side eye! I will certainly look up all these great suggestions.

    A lot of the blogs I read come from yours, Dani's and FF's blogrolls - one of my favourites is Blighty (via FF). She doesn't post very often nowadays, but she is HILARIOUS!! Another of my favourites is How to be Chic - Fiona actually took a break for about a year, but she just started up again. She lives a fairly quiet life in New Zealand (she and her husband own a small shoe store) but her archives are full of lovely posts about how to live mindfully. People were very excited to see her back.

    I think I already mentioned Materfamilias to you once, but another great Canadian blog is Passage des Perles - she lives in Montreal, is in her early 60s and writes great posts about jewellery (pearls in particular) and style in general.

    So, if you'll excuse me, I have a lot of blog reading to do ...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia - I - er - have a but of reading to do myself..

      Delete
  8. Great post WMM. I have to confess that I laugh at the fashion commentary of the "Fug Girls" at
    http://gofugyourself.com/
    and I enjoy the very chic stylings of Mrs. Lilien at
    http://blog.mrslilien.com/
    and I always admire the home furnishing choices at Delight by Design
    http://delightbydesign.blogspot.com/
    Of course, like Cate, I can't fit one more blog in my day, and I always look forward to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love http://slimpaley.com/, I'm also getting a kick out of http://lifeintheboomerlane.com/. I'm already in need of an intervention to get me off the Internet so will carefully check out others suggestions.

    ReplyDelete

Kindness is a virtue...