oh packing, you do wear me down.
I am a lousy packer. I am getting better, but I always feel like I will need more...
Add in changeable weather - we were arriving to cool temperatures that would give way to hotter temperatures - and you have a recipe for excess.
Here what I brought with me:
- Dark wash jean jacket - wore 4 times - good call
- J Crew camel cashmere hoody - wore to travel and one first day when it was cool
- rain jacket (used once for 4 hours but better than a rain poncho as it breathes)
- Gap navy chinos - wore twice
- Gap coral chinos - wore twice
- JCrew navy shorts - did not wear
- J crew navy cotton boho top wore once
- white tshirt - wore twice
- navy tshirt - wore once
- Free People black jersey maxi skirt - wore once
- black James Perse tank - wore once
- navy J Crew tank - wore twice
- white Michael kors tank - wore twice
- J Crew navy featherweight cashmere cardigan - wore tons
- J Crew pale pink featherweight cashmere cardigan - wore tons
- j crew pale pink long sleeve tee - wore once
- joe fresh kiwi and white striped boatneck long sleeve tee - wore once
- J Crew white linen skirt - wore tons
- J crew navy and white striped linen skirt - wore tons
- Gap green linen skirt - wore three times
- blush linen tee
- coral dress - wore once
- walking shoes
- walking sandals
- fancy sandals
- flip flops
What I ought to have taken:
Dark wash jean jacket
Gap coral chinos
J crew cotton boho top
tshirts - mostly short sleeve, but tanks and long sleeve as well
J Crew linen skirts
Free People skirt
On the first morning it was still cool enough to wear trousers, so I wore my coral chinos, a white tee, navy cardigan and my blue and white cotton Lacoste scarf. I am holding the jean jacket, which I needed early that morning...
I LOVE that Lacoste scarf. Always looks good and adds panache...
Well you live and learn, don't you? I ought to know better and yet I refuse to learn...Someone remind me of this post when I travel next, will you?
Have a happy Monday and stay safe out there!