Monday, September 10, 2012

Shopping the Closet: Reviving a Treasure

Over the weekend, I moved a lot of my summer clothes out of the closet and put them in storage.

One item was not worn all apring or summer: a Talbots silk petal skirt which I bought in the spring of 2011.

It made me sad to see it there all summer, and for some reason I could not part with it. But for some reason, I just kept passing it by.

Yesterday, I resolved to give it another try and for some reason, pairing it with a darker top, rather than a sweet summer colour or with basic white, just revived it for me:


I paired it with a buttery soft ca va de soie black merino crewneck and my Valentina slingbacks in mango.  I am not sure if you are familiar with this knitwear company, but I truly love them!  I got the sweater on sale back in May and it has waited patiently for the weather to change for me to bring it out!

You can't tell here, but my necklace was strands of multi-colour beads, one of which was the same mango colour.

I can't tell you how pretty I felt all day!  I can see wearing this skirt well into fall, switching it up with black tights and boots and maybe a navy pullover as well. 

I am resolved to shop my closet this fall in an effort to be both frugal and to really try and love all of the clothes I have.  I was THIS far from giving this skirt away.  Luckily, I did not!
Do you ever do that - think you are done with something and then fall in love with it again??  Doesn't it make you crazy when you buy something expensive and then seem to lack creativity as to how to pair it?

7 comments:

  1. I love this outfit, so simple but so pretty. And I love you with this lipstick, it is perfection and lights up your face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks AJC! It is Daniel Thompson - he is a Canadian cosmetics guru - completely econological and environmental friendly! His products are saving my skin, which always feels so divine now that I am using his products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn - how about ecological???? Wonder what econological is - sounds very sociological!

      Delete
  3. You look fabulous! I am so glad you kept that lovely skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am so glad I kept it, too! I really loved it and I think that sweater is my new "go-to" sweater! I could use to embrace a little black this fall!

      Delete
  4. You look very pretty and So happy. You have a great smile:)

    ReplyDelete

Kindness is a virtue...