Monday, May 2, 2016

Whitewashing May



Gosh I love May! The days are longer, the trees are beginning to bud around here, the birds are singing...

And Barry is painting our bedroom.




Our room was painted last about 6 or 7 years ago when we went a lovely peacock blue.

But something has been happening inside of me these past few years. I have been choosing paler and paler colours (at least for me!).

It began in the dining room:





Moved along to the living room and hallway...





And has spilled into the bedroom, which, shockingly, I have chosen to paint white.

And not just any white: Simply White, Benjamin Moore's colour of the year:


OC-117:


I never thought I would go with white, but I just keep lightening up in life and this seemed to be the next step...

Plus, this picture kind of won me over:


paint: benjamin moore, simply white. natural frames.:



A freshly painted bedroom is the only thing I requested for Mother's Day. It is a work in progress and about halfway done.

Other than that, I am starting spring cleaning, writing about 40 hours a week, and hoping for the sun.

How about you?

Oh and ps: the J Crew Dress looked awful!  Sigh, still on the hunt...

xo wendy








11 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy, long time no see! I love your new colours and your bedroom is going to be so serene and peaceful in white.

    I just painted our basement family room - I wanted something warm since it's pretty cool down there, so it's a kind of mustard yellow. My son's room down there is now a pale, pale colour, BM Ice Cube Silver, which, depending on the room, can look pale blue, green or lilac; in this case it's a pale mauve-blue. I'd love to paint our main floor, but we have to wait until we've saved up for the professionals - I'd normally do it, but we have very high ceilings here and I refuse to go up a high ladder.

    Your writing is truly a full-time job! Happy spring cleaning! Here's a link to a You Tube channel that I find most inspiring - I love watching this lady clean, and sometimes she even motivates me to clean here! :0)
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+jen+does+it+cleaning+videos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the cleaning link - I need it! I love mustard yello - our front hall was once painted a similar shade and it was wonderful! Ice cube silver sounds divine - must look into that one for my son's room!

      Delete
  2. I'm visiting via The Hostess of the Humble Bungalow. Your painting seems to have become a big project. I scoffed at white rooms but have recently come to appreciate a little more 'pale' in the house. We'll see..............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Pondside! I was totally with you about white rooms until a few months ago I was lying in my bathtub, looking at my white bead board bathroom walls, and decided I never got sick of them so should give it a try. In the end, it's just paint, though not sure Barry would agree!

      Delete
  3. Looks fresh! Paint is seemingly easy to do but sctuslly so fiddly. I want to paint but other chores keep getting in the way like leaks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you! This was a Mother's Day finagle- right now there is so much yard work calling our name and our living room patio door my st be replaced as the seal is broken. Always something!

      Delete
  4. Lucky girl. I have always been a neutral girl, but find them more relaxing. You shall be spending my Mother's Day with the whole family at Tyler's college graduation this week end. An exciting milestone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tyler is graduating? Congratulations! Have a wonderful time!

      Delete
  5. What a nice present! Well done, Barry. I always love pales, all the whites; MLane feels it is genetic( Scandy thing)and tries to convert me to richer, darker colors. I let him do some of that, witness the chocolate brown downstairs bath. I really like the soft blues and greens of your dining/living rooms with the different woods.

    So cold still, rainy and 42 yesterday, still in grey cashmere most days. But the thousands of daffs are blooming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your rain has finally arrived here, but it was much needed! No daffs out here yet, but they are blooming downtown so am hopeful!

      Delete

Kindness is a virtue...